Wednesday, 27 May 2009

bitch stare

on my way home today, i dropped by Courts to check out cameras. i've always been using my handphone's camera to take fotos for my blog and the quality isnt superb. so, i've always been on the lookout for nice camera deals. since Courts was along the way, i decided to see what they have to offer.

so i walked over to the camera booth, then this guy approached me and asked 'looking for anything?' probably he's mentally slow or something cause i was obviously looking at the cameras at the camera booth. i resisted the strong urge to say DUH! and answered with that fake smile you give to sales people, 'just taking a look'.

so he hovered around me. you know how some sales people have this habit of standing next to you and follow you around. like you take 1 step to check out the next camera and he too moves 1 step closer. this guy was like 1-2 metres away from me at most. like a shadow.

so i picked up this canon camera and he said 'thats a canon camera'. i was starting to feel that Courts was trying to up their ante on their corporate social responsibility by hiring mentally slow people. now even if i couldnt locate the word CANON emblazonned on the camera that i was holding in my hand, there was still the card that wrote the camera model, price and details placed at the spot i took the camera from. i was obviously not blind right. i mean if i was blind, why would i be buying cameras. its not like i can even see the fotos that i took.

so i just mumbled an 'umm' to him while i moved on to the next camera and he took a step closer. at first i found him to be a shadow. but now, he's just being an irritating fly. this happened for like 10minutes. i have to give him points for persistency cause everytime he said something i would just give him a non-interested monotonous 'umm'.

seriously he was starting to irritate me can. so damn annoying la. i mean i know he gets commission and all. but didnt he get the hint from my consistent monotonous 'umm' and my non existent eye contact. i mean even if he's really that dumb to get the hints, isnt it just tactless to hover so closely around the customer like a fly. the customer will obviously feel like he's being watched and be VERY uncomfortable.

he better thank his lucky stars that i was not on bitch mode at the moment. anyway, i was getting really uncomfortable with somebody watching my every move. so i decided that maybe i should look at other stuff to probably feign it to him that i was probably never intending to get a camera in the first place. so i moved on to look at the laptops since i was nearby. and he no longer followed me. after idling around the laptop section for a few minute, i saw that the sales person was hovering over innocent victim and so i decided to make my move back to the camera kiosk to continue looking at the camera.

but too bad. he spotted me. but since he was irritating another customer, he asked another staff to 'take care' of me citing that i was his customer. thankfully this new sales person was smart enough to observe from not so close.

but thennnn, his customer walked away, i guess irritated by him, so he came back and stand around me. i took up a camera looked at it. put it down and move to the next camera and he aligns the previous camera i took properly on the stand. it was seriously giving this impression that i was making a mess or something. again, DAMN UNCOMFORTABLE.

he then told me that the camera i was holding had a special promotional price. again something that i already saw printed at the card at the camera stand. and then i blurted out something.

you have to know this about me. when i get irritated with something, i try to ignore it. hoping that it goes away. but when it keeps coming back, and starts to really piss me off, you'll definitely know it. you can definitely see it VERY clearly on my actions and expressions. and then my bitch mode swicthes on and my irritatedness becomes verbal.

'can you just shut up and go away?'
*inserts bitch stare*

i didnt think he was expecting that. he kinda stood there for a while waiting for it to sink in. i seriously think thats he's mentally slow. i mean if he really is then i apologise for being rude. but he was just pissing me off. and like a couple seconds later he walked away.

there was this couple standing near me giving me the look of 'omg, what an asshole for scolding sales staff' and i gave them the bitch stare and they too walked away.

i think i might be a mutant and thats like my special power. *bitch stare* something like cyclops just without the red laser beam shooting out from his eyes.

no mood to look at camera's already after that can?

urgh! i hate annoying sales staff!!